Wash Routine

Wash Day 911

My wash day is always #MessyWash day:( hence I never look forward to wash days, but nevertheless this is how my wash day goes. I wash my hair a 2 weeks now but initially I washed it once every week but that dried out my hair so I had to reduce the times. Because I haven't found the Tresemme botanique shampoo at my local store yet, I use the original Tresemme Shampoo which is not really natural hair friendly so avoid it from further drying out my hair I pre-poo my hair - I use coconut coil to do that, so what I do is I leave coconut oil on my  hair for about 20 minutes before I actually wash my hair, the next thing I do is to wash my hair using the shampoo, I rinse my hair immediately after a few scrubs, I then condition my hair with the Tresemme conditioner, I use my fingers to detangle then leave the conditioner on my hair for about 15 minutes before I rinse. Once I have rinsed my hair I use my Shea butter or coconut oil to moisturize the hair, I spread the moisturizer generously from the roots to the tips making sure my roots and scalp are hydrated. The last thing I do is to twist my hair and let it dry. Twisting the hair helps with stretching out the hair as 4c hair shrinks like crazy. By the way I tap dry my hair with an old T-shirt, I don't use a towel and I don't rub my hair I just pat it, rubbing it can cause knots so I'd rather not. 

Picture by Foodlovers

Above is the coconut oil I use, its very affordable at Foodlovers Market. It lasts long! Its mos def and investment. 
Yep! That's my #MessyWash day and #DetanglingWars. Thank you for reading, stay woke. :)



Comments

Popular Posts