Hair! Hair! Hair!

Knowing Your Hair 


OMG! Having to determine what type of hair you have has to be the hardest part ever! So maybe we should try to break it down before we get into the maintaining of the hair.

Firstly hair is divided into 4 natural hair type categories which are subdivided into a,b and c; type 1 is straight hair, type 2 is wavy hair, type 3 is curly hair and type 4 is coily, most African girls have 3c and type 4 hair. I'm type 4b/c :). 4c hair is super coily, has a dense/coarse texture and it can shrink up to 70-75% .. Yep! I know. 

Picture by SoulNaturalBlog
For 4c hair like mine #YouGottaHave these following items to have your hair game on point. 
1. Conditioner - this helps a lot when you detangle your hair. 
2. Shea butter/coconut oil/castor oil - my hair is very dry so I always need to use these products to keep it moist and to reduce the breakage. 
3. Spritz - 80% water and 20% oils (like olive oil or coconut oil) #Water4theHAIR our hair needs water, be generous.
4. Wide comb - I'm not one to comb my hair but the wide comb comes very handy when you need to detangle your hair. 

Once I figured out what hair type I had it was easy for me to determine what to use and what not to use on my hair - our hair response differently as people which is why certain things might work for me and not work for you. So first lesson - #KnowYourHair! 

Comments

Popular Posts